We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Deciding to euthanize your dog is an agonizing and emotional process. Animals touch our hearts quickly, and the decision to let them leave our side can be heart-wrenching. At Crossroads Animal Hospital, we will do our best to assist you in making that final decision.
What is pet euthanasia and how do I know when it’s the right time?
Euthanasia is an overdose of barbiturates given by injection that stops the dog’s heart. It is a painless, humane, termination of life. Seeking counsel from family, friends, and your veterinarian can help you with this difficult decision. Ultimately, you must trust yourself to make the best choice for your pet.
Can I say goodbye to my pet in the comfort of our home?
Currently, we do not offer this service, but we can provide you with a recommendation for a mobile veterinarian that does.
How is the euthanasia drug administered?
The euthanasia drug is administered by injection. It is done by putting a catheter into the vein on the front leg. Once the catheter is in place, the family is given some time to say their final goodbye. When everyone is ready, the drug is slowly administered into the catheter.
What is the cost of pet euthanasia?
Please call our office to speak with one of our friendly pet care specialists. We can answer any questions you may have 403-527-2829.
Does your hospital provide bereavement counselling?
At this time, we do not offer bereavement services.
We unfortunately had to put our dog down today. I just wanted to say thank you so much to the…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 403.527.2829. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, continuing with some surgeries, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, & closed on Sundays
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Crossroads Animal Hospital